For this design, I think I did a good job maintaining a consistent look across the four pages, but I wish I had done a bit more to break up the text and make it more reader friendly.
I loved my first two pages and the entire graphic, but I made the parts of each graphic transparent instead of changing the tints of objects, so some of the legs are transparent! When this spread printed, it looked a bit odd, but not many people noticed which was good. Of course, I’ve never made that mistake again 🙂
For the second page, first off, I think I should’ve made more of a contrast between the subheads and regular text on the spread. I could’ve made it more bold, and I should not have had a blue background. Instead, the subheads could’ve used a blue from the two pages before. I don’t like how I introduced a new dominant color on the last two pages- it made the spread as a whole look a bit less cohesive.
Another thing I would change is the placement of the infographics and pull quotes. I would extend the text so it went the full length of the page, and interrupt it frequently- but in appropriate places- with infographics and pull quotes aside from the headshots and subheads. I think this would make the spread more reader friendly as a whole and definitely less text heavy.
I’m glad, however, that I maintained a “bubbly” look for all the graphics I made, thus keeping things consistent across the spread. I don’t know about you, but I can clearly see some progress from even my first cover design, with better spacing and more graphics.
See ya later!